Deleted Documents Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
I deleted my documents folder by some weird mistake, I know sometimes under trash can you can find recovered files

anyways i can get it back? or at the least ill make a new documents folder, when can i find the icons for the folder icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
i see you are using a macbook pro from your system specs
two finger tap and select new folder

Hope this helps ~ mikeyman

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I deleted my documents folder by some weird mistake, I know sometimes under trash can you can find recovered files

anyways i can get it back? or at the least ill make a new documents folder, when can i find the icons for the folder icon

So you emptied the trash since you deleted your Documents folder? If not, it's likely still in there and just needs to be dragged out and dropped in your Home folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
did u delete the actual folder or just it's icon from the sidebar? try spotlighting it and see if its not hiding somewhere...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
did u delete the actual folder or just it's icon from the sidebar? try spotlighting it and see if its not hiding somewhere...

Good thinking... If you just accidentally removed it from your Side Bar, you should be able to get it back on the Side Bar by opening your Home folder and the dragging and dropping the Documents folder onto the Side Bar.

OP
jesusholdon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
nope I deleted it, it's gone but i backed up the important mess I had in there onto my external HD anyways so it's cool

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.