Finally got my Canon 400D!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I know it's kind of same to make this kind of post, but I'm just too darn excited! It's my first DSLR, so I have a lot of learning to do. I have Brain Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" and "Learning to See Creatively" to get me started. I also need to pick a copy of CS3 and a book book to teach me how to use it.

I'll post some shots as soon as I have something presentable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Congratulations. I was just as excited when I got my camera.
I am sure you will put it to good use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Congrats fleurya!

Dont forget to post LOTS of pictures once you've got the hang of your new camera :D

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
If this is your first Digital Camera, just relax. You cannot make mistakes. Because when you make mistakes, they could be trashed in a second, you don't have to pay for them to be developed. That was the biggest plus for me.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Di you get another lens, or do you just have the kit lens still?

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting one of them when I get paid next month. Really looking forward to it! How do you find it's integration with your mac so far?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just have the kit lens right now, but there's a lot of people who suggest a 50mm as a good starter and the quality is supposed to be better than the kit. Also, I would like to pick up a 70-300 IS for telephoto/macro shots, but I'll need to save a little while for that. It's definitely an expensive hobby, but I really appreciate a good quality photo and being able to make my own will make it all worth it.

I haven't used the bundled software much yet, but it installed well and starts right up when I plug in the camera. Transfers go through without a hitch. I'll probably get a firewire card reader to speed up the transfer process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm gonna be ordering mine 400D on monday, and I have a 28-105mm lens that will be coming with it. I figure it will be a good all around lens, and the guys at FM forums said it was a decent lens. Later when I get more money, I'll pick up a bigger lens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I just have the kit lens right now, but there's a lot of people who suggest a 50mm as a good starter and the quality is supposed to be better than the kit. Also, I would like to pick up a 70-300 IS for telephoto/macro shots, but I'll need to save a little while for that. It's definitely an expensive hobby, but I really appreciate a good quality photo and being able to make my own will make it all worth it.

I haven't used the bundled software much yet, but it installed well and starts right up when I plug in the camera. Transfers go through without a hitch. I'll probably get a firewire card reader to speed up the transfer process.

If you get the 50 and can't seem to get a good picture, it's most likely your fault ;D

If you're going to take photos at 1.8, the dof is tiny. Just have to get used to it, so don't try and return it after the first day if it's not operating the way you want it to at first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD

hehe now we have the same camera ;) i was also thinking about firewire card reader, but since my card (sandisk extreme III) is 20mb/s, and USB is 480mb/s, will it make any faster? i got quite confused with the numbers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MB CD 1.25Gb
laimonas.s - how do you like the 70-200mm f4l? how often do you use it? im thinking about picking it up next as my first L lens or the 17-40mm.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hehe now we have the same camera ;) i was also thinking about firewire card reader, but since my card (sandisk extreme III) is 20mb/s, and USB is 480mb/s, will it make any faster? i got quite confused with the numbers :)

True, I didn't think of that, but I thought that 20MB/s was the write speed, but the read speed, for transfer, was much faster. I'll have to check the specs again. If there's no advantage, why does anyone buy them?

I would really love a 70-200L IS, but I wonder if the difference between the f/4 and the f/2.8 is worth $500! From what I have read some lenses are only really good at certain apertures anyway. I guess for the price, the L's should be good regardless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
I would really love a 70-200L IS, but I wonder if the difference between the f/4 and the f/2.8 is worth $500! From what I have read some lenses are only really good at certain apertures anyway. I guess for the price, the L's should be good regardless.

well, depends what you like to shoot! personally i think f2.8 is much better. this will allow you to shoot in low light and lower ISO, whereas the F4 isnt as good. But if you only shoot daylight then F4L should be fast enough :) Oh and dont worry about the quality - the f2.8 is outstanding at widest aperture! however the F4L is just as good at F4 as the more expensive f2.!

laimonas.s - how do you like the 70-200mm f4l? how often do you use it? im thinking about picking it up next as my first L lens or the 17-40mm.

Yeah, i love it :) i use it whenever i shoot portraits/wildlife etc! i find that it produces really sharp and crisp images compared to my other lenses.

Its a hard decision for you now - whether you want to shoot more portraits or more landscapes/street! You need to decide and go for it :)

I am also thinking about the 17-40 f4L later in life (when i have money) to replace my kit lens!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MB CD 1.25Gb
well, depends what you like to shoot! personally i think f2.8 is much better. this will allow you to shoot in low light and lower ISO, whereas the F4 isnt as good. But if you only shoot daylight then F4L should be fast enough :) Oh and dont worry about the quality - the f2.8 is outstanding at widest aperture! however the F4L is just as good at F4 as the more expensive f2.!

Yeah, i love it :) i use it whenever i shoot portraits/wildlife etc! i find that it produces really sharp and crisp images compared to my other lenses.

Its a hard decision for you now - whether you want to shoot more portraits or more landscapes/street! You need to decide and go for it :)

I am also thinking about the 17-40 f4L later in life (when i have money) to replace my kit lens!

i just looked at your gallery and i just have to say it's niice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.