• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What an incredible deal! (Sarcastic)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Today, someone at my college tried to get me to buy his old laptop. He had a Compaq Presario 1245 with an AMD K6-2 processor, a whopping 32 MB of RAM, 3 gig Hard Drive, a floppy disc drive, and, if you can believe this, it had Windows 98 PRE-INSTALLED! And I could have it all for only $500. I mean, it was such an incredible deal that I was almost willing to ditch my MacBook completely for it.

I kinda felt like the judge in My Cousin Vinny because I wanted to ask, "Are you on drugs?"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
M

MacHeadCase

Yeah some of those yoots today, I tell ya...
icon12.gif

I really had a ball watching that movie. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
If he was willing to sell it for maybe 59 cents, I'd definitely buy it. With how much I write, paper weights are a blessing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Eekkk, those things are ugly :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. It's like when you see an ugly baby and have to be coy about it. Wow, what a handsome child...looks just like you! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Actually that was a decent machine for it's time. It's just a bit old and outdated. I like the looks of the older Thinkpads better than that Compaq, but it was an ok machine. Back then anyway.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
buy it for a few bucks and convert it into an animated picture frame using the "my pictrues" screensaver. ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Compaq stands for "Computer... on craq", apparently your friend is too ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hey, just remembered. i've got a compaq ipaq mini-tower in cold storage - you can come and get for free. ;)

it is soooooooooo ugly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I think it's a great deal- not much to pay for a daily reminder of how bad life could be. :)

Reaction score
I ran across a deal at Circuit City that haved a Dual core laptop, Gig a DDR2 and a 100 gig HD, 17' Display and a DVD burner for $699.99! So I would say he had a good price on that latop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I've already got a door stop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.