Problems with iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Lately I have been having issues with iPhoto. Photos that i have recently imported dont show up and when i select previous slideshows the programs crash. I've run verify disk and verify disk permissions and repair disk permissions. I'm not sure where they are stored on the HD so im not sure if it is just the program not displaying them or if the files have been deleted.

EDIT:
I found the files. it seems as though they are there but not showing in iPhoto. i tried to import a couple i knew were not showing up but it says it already exists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try this:

Hold down the option + command keys and then launch iPhoto.
You should see 4 options to rebuild your database and such.

I'd try the 3rd option to rebuild iPhoto's database and then possibly do the 4th to find all orphaned photos.

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I will try it when i get home tonight and post the results. :)

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The options didn't work. what i ended up doing was taking all the pictures and moving them to my external HD and then removing everything in the iPhoto directory and re importing everything. I went from about 1000 photos to 3100 photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Good idea...glad you got it sorted out!

It's always annoying when you loose data, but of all the things I have on my mac, I think it's the pictures I would regret loosing the most. Music can be re-bought, files rewritten, but photos really are once in a lifetime things.

Always backup that library!

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea...glad you got it sorted out!

It's always annoying when you loose data, but of all the things I have on my mac, I think it's the pictures I would regret loosing the most. Music can be re-bought, files rewritten, but photos really are once in a lifetime things.

Always backup that library!

I agree. :)

P

pitterpat

Photos disappearing from iphoto

I am completely new to Mac and downloaded a bunch of photos from my phone and from emails. It worked fine but 2 days later all those pics disappeared. Has anyone had this problem? I know it's not part of this forum but my bookmarks disappeared as well.

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One thing to check is your rolls. I've noticed that if you dont assign the pics to an album they only show up in the Rolls area. In preferences you can change the number of rolls that are listed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.