Can iTunes just PLAY a MP3 CD, instead of COPYING it?

Reaction score
Please help me:

I instert a MP3 CD and to play it, iTunes decides to copy it into my library instead of just playing it...

What to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Please help me:

I instert a MP3 CD and to play it, iTunes decides to copy it into my library instead of just playing it...

What to do?

Change your iTunes preferences to not import CDs as soon as they are inserted.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Eric BUT...

I changed the preferences and when i insert the MP3 CD, nothing happens on the iTunes level. There is only the icon of the CD that appears in the Desktop.

If i double click the icon, the CD appears "open" in the finder and if i click on a track it starts to copy it into my computer and iTunes.

What can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
go to your advanced settings within itunes theere should be several settings you can chose from
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
In the iTunes window, down the left side you see library, playlists and such. There should also be the cd. Click on it then play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Rather than double clicking the actual song, just single click it to select it, then press they play button.

It should show up in the iTunes finder menu on the side with a CD icon when you put it the drive, so long as it's an audio CD meant to be played through a CD player, not actual mp3 files burned to a blank data CD.

To changes your iTunes preferences in the top left of your screen when iTunes is selected click the bolded "iTunes" > Preferences...

Then in preferences there are multiple tabs for whatever you need. Most apps have a similar preferences systems acsessable the same way.

I hope this helped you some.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.