New to the Mac world with a question,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 max (16-inch, 2021) & 2016 iPad Pro
and the first of many. :D

For those from the Windows world, is there anyone familiar with a program called "Password Keeper" by Gregory Braun? It generates and organizes passwords. I've used it for many years on my PC. Now I can't find it in a Mac version. Can anyone recommend a good password program.

BTW,....I haven't tried or know much about Keychain.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Welcome to MacForums, RadarP3C

1Password is most likely that you're looking for. I've used it for a long time and couldn't live without it. Go it a go.
Keychain works to, but it lacks a lot of the feature 1Password has, like Auto Filling webpages.

And BTW, I found 1 other post from you with the same question. No need to double post.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to MacForums, RadarP3C

1Password is most likely that you're looking for. I've used it for a long time and couldn't live without it. Go it a go.
Keychain works to, but it lacks a lot of the feature 1Password has, like Auto Filling webpages.

And BTW, I found 1 other post from you with the same question. No need to double post.

Thanks for the recommendation for 1Password. Yes, I'm looking for more features than what Keychain offers.

The reason for the "double post" is because of the lack of responses on my thread in the notebooks section. This section, switcher hangout, seemed the more appropriate place to ask this question since it is about a Windows to Mac question. Well, I am assuming this is the place for folks that are switching from Windows to Mac or vice or versa.

Thanks!

Update: McYukon; I just checked out the website and 1Password looks like what I want. Oh, and Merry Christmas! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Your welcome, Merry Christmas

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
McYukon, I checked out 1Password and it is what I'm looking for. I went ahead and bought and installed it.

Thanks for letting me know about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Doesn't Mac come with something that does this?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Doesn't Mac come with something that does this?

Yes, "Keychain", I believe is what you are referring to, but it is very basic in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.