Shutterfly page won't load in 10.6

Reaction score
Stats: Intel iMac;10.6.9; latest Firefox; Add-on QuickJava 1.7.9; Flash Player Plug in 11.3.300.257

I am trying to make a free photo book on Shutterfly. These are the steps that I have done:
signed in
selected photo book
8x8
Family Portraits
Select this style

And then this page opens: /http://www.shutterfly.com/custompath/viewEdit.sfly?fid=c2d57ccf877dd041c7e45aad1e0cdff4

The page does not load. I keep getting Just a moment for 2-3 minutes. I cleared the cache and Cookies. Restarted Firefox. Restarted the iMac. Still doesn't load. Safari has the same problem ---- page doesn't load!

I was on the phone with Shutterfly Customer Service for an hour and did the same steps with him. Page still doesn't load! His suggestion was to download Internet Explorer!

I can't believe that Shutterfly would shut out Macs!

Any suggestions on to get the page to load?

Jane

PS Interesting enough, Shutterfly will work on my MacBook Pro running 10.5!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just tried it here using Chrome on my 2011 iMac and it works OK. You don't need IE to access the site nor upload a photo book. I don't know what's happening on your end to cause the error, but I suggest trying again, perhaps it was just a glitch on their side.

OP
J
Reaction score
I just tried it here using Chrome on my 2011 iMac and it works OK. You don't need IE to access the site nor upload a photo book. I don't know what's happening on your end to cause the error, but I suggest trying again, perhaps it was just a glitch on their side.

i tried MANY times with Firefox and Safari and still couldn't get the page to load. I am trying to make a photo book on Shutterfly because I have a free one.
I know it has to be some App/Utility/? on my imac that is preventing he page to load, but I don't know what it could be.

jane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.