How do i import my site after leopard clean install?

Reaction score
hey guys, i hope you guys and help me out. i had my site, www.christianpcrepair.com which i made on iweb08 when i was on tiger. i did a clean install for leopard and i have the site on my idisk. how do i import it to iweb agian

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
FTP the files back to your local machine would be the first step.

Someone else who uses iweb will be fit to tell you the rest, but i dont use iweb as i feel (personal opinion) that it creates naff code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
You need the domain file that iWeb08 created in order to import back. You can't just import the published html files back. If you didn't backup this file, you'll be stuck recreating the site. If you did, you can toss it back into the yourusername\Library\Application Support\iWeb folder and then when you launch iWeb it'll load the site back in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Another reason not to develop in iweb

No, I don't think this is a knock against iWeb. Rather, it's yet another example of why having backups of data is important.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
No, I don't think this is a knock against iWeb. Rather, it's yet another example of why having backups of data is important.

yes backups are important

but why does iweb require you to have a file that is redundant to the site you are developing - if the OP had developed the site with a plain old text editor all he/she would have had to do to recover his site was to FTP it back from the server.

With iweb it places a dependancy on having a copy of another file which isnt even used for the website!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.