• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

movies gone to pictures?

Reaction score
hey,

i have just bought a mac book pro and when i transfered all my data, it has saved all my movies as jpeg's, i cant open the movie? do you know how to convert them back?

please reply, my holiday memories at risk!

Reaction score
how or with which application did you transfer the data? what was the source system? Mac, Windows, ...

...a bit more information is necessary in order to help you

OP
M
Reaction score
i transfered them via my external hard drive, and i transfered from a macbook to macbook pro

Reaction score
is the size of the files still ok? ...means: big enough to be a video. I would give it a shot to just rename the extension to what it was before and try to play it.

But I haven't heard that files got renamed though and I have never had that problem. sounds really weird. Do you still have the sources on you macbook?

Reaction score
Do a Get Info on one of the files before changing the suffix, because they may be set to invisible. If they are, and the file is confused enough, you might end up with, for example, "My Movie.mov.jpg."

Reaction score
Do a Get Info on one of the files before changing the suffix, because they may be set to invisible. If they are, and the file is confused enough, you might end up with, for example, "My Movie.mov.jpg."

Yah, you don't really rename the extension though, if you just add .mov to the name and the extension is still .jpg ;D

When I said change the extension I meant the actual file extension and for that it has to be visible. Thx for pointing that out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.