new hard drive and leopard

Reaction score
hello can anyone tell me i have just installed leopard onto my 80gb hd that came as standard in my macbook , i have made a time machine backup on a external drive . Now when i put my new 250gb hard drive in , i install leopard can i then just restore all my files from the saved back up of the 80gb hard drive or with it been a different brand ect will it not work

ps leopard looks amazing ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When you boot from the Leopard DVD, you should have the option to restore from a Time Machine backup. The size and brand of the new hard drive will not make a difference.

OP
M
Reaction score
When you boot from the Leopard DVD, you should have the option to restore from a Time Machine backup. The size and brand of the new hard drive will not make a difference.

excuse my ignorance you mean when i install it the bit that says transfer files from another mac bit .. just before its fully finished installing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, way before that. When you pop in a new hard drive, obviously you'll need to reinstall OS X. But instead of actually installing OS X, you use the option to restore from a Time Machine backup. The installer will then pull all the files from your external drive and put them on the new drive. You'll be picking up from exactly where you left off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.