Memory Partition from HDD to SSD?

Reaction score
So i was thinking to upgrade my current HDD to SSD.
My current HDD is 500GB and i want to upgrade to a 512 GB SSD.
Inside my HDD, i got 250 GB for my Mac OS and 250 GB for my window partition.
So if i change to SSD 512 GB, the remaining 12GB will go to the mac partition of window partition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Well that's up to you how you partition your new drive. Keep in mind that you will install a BLANK drive, so there won't be any partitions there, nor will there be any data.

OP
V
Reaction score
Well that's up to you how you partition your new drive. Keep in mind that you will install a BLANK drive, so there won't be any partitions there, nor will there be any data.

but i am going to use something called "data transfer kit" to transfer completely everything even my OS from HDD to SSD..
so the partition of mac and window cant be edited..
:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
You should have led with that ;-)
Unfortunatelly I'm not familiar with details concerning that kit, but from what I can google in a few minutes it probably comes with a cloning software that might give you some possibilities to stretch those partitions ... but I'm shooting blanks here :-D

But I can't tell you how that software or the whole cloning process with a "data transfer kit" goes.

You would have to provide details of the specific kit you want to use ...

OP
V
Reaction score
You should have led with that ;-)
Unfortunatelly I'm not familiar with details concerning that kit, but from what I can google in a few minutes it probably comes with a cloning software that might give you some possibilities to stretch those partitions ... but I'm shooting blanks here :-D

But I can't tell you how that software or the whole cloning process with a "data transfer kit" goes.

You would have to provide details of the specific kit you want to use ...

Hahas!
Im just worried about this..Thanks anyway!^^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.