photo resizer for mac?

Reaction score
What is a simple photo resizing program (similar to the windows resizer) for the mac? Thanks!

C

chas_m

iPhoto can do this (both a few pre-set sizes as well as custom resizing via export), but there are many other choices as well. For large batch resizing, I like ACDSee Pro for Mac beta (but I'm biased!).

Here's another option, and it's free: daniele.ch - welcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I would just use iPhoto for that. Otherwise, K Studio Resize is pretty good, and it's free.

C

chas_m

I would just use iPhoto for that. Otherwise, K Studio Resize is pretty good, and it's free.

That program is PPC only (which may or may not be important, but it means it doesn't run as well on Intel Macs) and hasn't been updated since January 2005. It may still work fine, but it seems to be abandonware and probably has no future going forward.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Preview is OK for resizing individual photo's. It's on your Mac as part of the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Just select the photos you want to resize, then click on the file menu and choose "Export". A dialog will pop up and ask you which sizes and formats you want to export the pictures in, including custom settings. Then navigate to your destination folder and you're done.

K Studio's Resize seems to work okay for me, but I haven't used it in awhile. It's pretty simple though and I can't see it needing too much updating as is. But you can also create a resizer program with Automator, which I used before I started using iPhoto. There are different methods of creating such a program online.

Reaction score
Just select the photos you want to resize, then click on the file menu and choose "Export". A dialog will pop up and ask you which sizes and formats you want to export the pictures in, including custom settings. Then navigate to your destination folder and you're done.

K Studio's Resize seems to work okay for me, but I haven't used it in awhile. It's pretty simple though and I can't see it needing too much updating as is. But you can also create a resizer program with Automator, which I used before I started using iPhoto. There are different methods of creating such a program online.

wow..thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
Resizing a picture

iPhoto can do this (both a few pre-set sizes as well as custom resizing via export), but there are many other choices as well.

I love iphoto, but cannot figure out how to resize the actual picture .
I know how to crop etc. also how to resize using mail, but there are actually times I need to resize.
Can someone explain how please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
iPhoto can do this (both a few pre-set sizes as well as custom resizing via export), but there are many other choices as well.

I love iphoto, but cannot figure out how to resize the actual picture .
I know how to crop etc. also how to resize using mail, but there are actually times I need to resize.
Can someone explain how please.

Sorry, I just read previous posts and figured it out.

;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.