Using 32" LCD as primary display for MB

Reaction score
New to Mac, so this might be a stupid question. I have my Macbook connected to my 32" Vizio LCD. Is it possible for me to set the TV as my primary monitor rather than having an extended screen setup. I want to be able to close my MB and use a usb mouse and keyboard as if it was a desktop. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If you close the mb so it goes to sleep then wake it up with the mouse the monitor will be your primary

Hope this helps
Clay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
New to Mac, so this might be a stupid question. I have my Macbook connected to my 32" Vizio LCD. Is it possible for me to set the TV as my primary monitor rather than having an extended screen setup. I want to be able to close my MB and use a usb mouse and keyboard as if it was a desktop. Is this possible?

Yes. When I use my MacBook at home that's exactly what I do. See the following Apple KB article which explains how to use your MacBook in clamshell mode: Link

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.