• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac problems

M

mondaymorning

I am getting a notebook after christmas but i dont know if i should get a mac or a pc. I know the good things that people say about mac but i have not really heard the bad so if you could tell me some of the problems you have had with your mac that would really help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Macs are stable, elegent and just work.

OP
D

docss26

Macs are stable, elegent and just work.

agreed. I also like the peace of my I have when using it. I dont have to worry about viruses (yet). The saying "it just works" is perfect and apple stands true to this claim. I love my mac. I like having an apple laptop and a pc desktop. its the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Reaction score
No problems--period. I just wish I would have put some more RAM in my PowerBook G4 15" 1.67 Ghz laptop...but that is simply my fault.

You'll enjoy them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have never had any problems with the Macs I have owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
heres something to think about.

1. Macs dont get virus'
2. Macs are faster and easier to set up "out of the box"
3. Macs CAN run winblowz if you want to have it on there too just for some win only appz.
4. Macs are Affordable for all buyers starting at just $599 for the Mini ( i have) $999 for the iMAC, $1099 for the Macbook (I Have) and all come loaded with pre-installed software that doesnt come with other PC's
5. Great customer support and care. Best out on the market IMO.
6. Goto an Apple Store and play around....youll see what im talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
heres something to think about.

1. Macs dont get virus'
Wrong.

Just because there aren't any viruses for Mac OS X currently, does not mean that a Mac running OS X couldn't get one should one ever surface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.