Will Leopard run FASTER on C2D then CD?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Since Leopard is 64-bit, how much of a difference in performance will there be between running it on a Core Duo and Core 2 Duo machines? I understand that the 4Mb L2 Cache will make it a little faster on the C2D but will the fact that Leopard is designed in 64-bit cause a dramatic difference in speed?

I have been scouring the web for an hour or so trying to find a satisfactory answer. I have seen articles stating that there is anywhere between a 7% and 39% increase in speed between CD and C2D, but I am asking the question specifically with regard to Leopard.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You won't be able to get any definitive answer until the final release of Leopard hits the stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
are the CD's capable of 64-bit? Sorry, that's probably a really noob question, but I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
are the CD's capable of 64-bit? Sorry, that's probably a really noob question, but I don't know.

No they are not, the Core Duos are 32bit, and the Core 2 Duos are 64bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.