iPhoto Trash

Reaction score
I have some pictures in the Trash folder of iPhoto. I tried moving them into the trash but it didn't work. How do I completely delete these photos? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
in iPhoto, under, I think, the iPhoto button in the menu bar (not at the mac right now) choose empty trash.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks! That was easy. They just disappeared. They didn't go into the regular trash. Where did they go? Just Wondering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
They just disappeared. Where did they go? Just Wondering.

As have I. Into the great unknown, the System just removes them. You'll note that the Delete from Trash action cannot be undone. BTW - you can empty Trash with R-click on the trash basket in iPhoto.

If, like me, you prefer to know which photos were deleted, retained etc, you can do so outside of iPhoto by quitting it and then 2x-clicking the disk image that mounted on the desktop when you inserted either your camera card or the USB cable from your camera.

In the window that opens you should see the folder (called DCIM or similar) containing the photos. You can then edit your pics with Preview or other photo application to your heart's content - and delete unwanted photos using the System Trash, not iPhoto.

Reaction score
I'm reading this thread on TRASH in iphoto hoping to find how to restore
pictures that I mistakenly put in the TRASH bin. How can I RESTORE all the files in my TRASH in iphoto? Is there a REBUILD feature that I am suppose
to use. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.