Right Clicking + Internet Connection Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33GHz 2GB RAM 160HD
Hello,

I installed Boot Camp and I was able to login to Windows XP properly however im experiencing two problems...

First I cant seem to use the right click, I have a MacBook Pro... I know you put two fingers on the trackpad and press the button but it doesnt work, is that how you do it? I have the keyboard enabled.. I can use other shortcuts like the CTRL+ALT+DEL for "Task Manager" etc. also I cant seem to scroll using the trackpad....

Second I cant connect to the internet... I have my ethernet cable plugin but there's nothing. I can connect to the internet using Mac OS X, whether its wired or the Airport thing.. but not on Windows XP.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you need to know more to help solve this problem please let me know.

Thanks everyone

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello,

I installed Boot Camp and I was able to login to Windows XP properly however im experiencing two problems...

First I cant seem to use the right click, I have a MacBook Pro... I know you put two fingers on the trackpad and press the button but it doesnt work, is that how you do it? I have the keyboard enabled.. I can use other shortcuts like the CTRL+ALT+DEL for "Task Manager" etc. also I cant seem to scroll using the trackpad....

Second I cant connect to the internet... I have my ethernet cable plugin but there's nothing. I can connect to the internet using Mac OS X, whether its wired or the Airport thing.. but not on Windows XP.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you need to know more to help solve this problem please let me know.

Thanks everyone

I'm not positive, but it sounds like you forgot to install the Apple drivers for Bootcamp after you finished installing XP. This was a CD you should have been prompted to burn during the installation process.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33GHz 2GB RAM 160HD
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I installed the drivers, in fact I have to installed a few times because I dont think it's installed properly the first time... maybe that's the problem..?

The problem I was having when I first intalled was I was getting an "ATI driver something.." error and the Apple keyboard shorcut did not installed... so I run the CD again and the error was gone and the Apple keyboard installed but still no right click and internet connection?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I installed the drivers, in fact I have to installed a few times because I dont think it's installed properly the first time... maybe that's the problem..?

The problem I was having when I first intalled was I was getting an "ATI driver something.." error and the Apple keyboard shorcut did not installed... so I run the CD again and the error was gone and the Apple keyboard installed but still no right click and internet connection?

Have you tried going into the Mouse settings in the Control Panel and enabling Two-fingered tapping?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.