New to Mac would like some help

Reaction score
Hello All!!

I am new to mac, and was wondering if there is a good site or some good videos, to help teach OSX so that I wil feel like a pro sooner than later.

Thanks in advance!

$ilverde$k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I'll second that. The Apple site has so many hidden gems - look under Support tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 13" MacBookPro 2.26 GHz, 5 Gb, 500 GB, OS X 10.6.5
Here at Apple - Business web page plenty of small tips and tricks. I really loved these tricks after I bought my Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Also, if you ever have questions/issues when trying to create things, etc and can't find the answers here, google is crazy good. If you ever get an error code or anything, copy the exact message into google and tons of helpful hints arise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello All!!

I am new to mac, and was wondering if there is a good site or some good videos, to help teach OSX so that I wil feel like a pro sooner than later.

Thanks in advance!

$ilverde$k

SCCCO0231 here is a freebie and covers some of the basics Mac Tutorials : ScreenCastsOnline and then for stuff a bit more techy this is a good source

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Thanks, you saved me so much time, not having to type and all. I have done a google search and watched many videos and read many articles, I was just trying to find as much info as possible.

No problem.. and tbh that's the most information your going to find ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks, you saved me so much time, not having to type and all. I have done a google search and watched many videos and read many articles, I was just trying to find as much info as possible.

Slow down my friend. we can't have you gaining knowledge too fast and surpassing old hands who have been using Macs for years. :Mischievous:

BTW Just noticed you are in Lubbock. Pretty miserable place to spend the winter.

OP
silverdesk84
Reaction score
Slow down my friend. we can't have you gaining knowledge too fast and surpassing old hands who have been using Macs for years. :Mischievous:

BTW Just noticed you are in Lubbock. Pretty miserable place to spend the winter.

lol!! Lubbock is not so bad this year!! Except losing the head coach of Texas Tech.... But thats for a different forum all together

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
What is the point of a forum if the answer is always, "Google it?" Not trying to cause trouble, but I always thought the point of a forum was to talk to humans.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
lol!! Lubbock is not so bad this year!!

You have got to be kidding. Can I assume then that you have not been there long enough to experience raining mudballs, sideways rain, or sideways snowfall. lol

Seriously though I liked the city but hated the weather.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
What is the point of a forum if the answer is always, "Google it?" Not trying to cause trouble, but I always thought the point of a forum was to talk to humans.

Indeed it is! But a simple search will bring up multiple posts in this forum alone asking the same sort of questions and also it will get you information a lot quicker...:Smirk:

OP
silverdesk84
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. Can I assume then that you have not been there long enough to experience raining mudballs, sideways rain, or sideways snowfall. lol

Seriously though I liked the city but hated the weather.

HAHA! I was born here, but have lived in several other towns, and the weather here DOES have to be the strangest in the world

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.