What is AirPort =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
sometimes i thought it was a router and other time i thought it Strong media. I'm afraid it's time capsule xD

C

chas_m

"Airport" is Apple's previous name for the Wi-Fi control panel/menu item and is the current name of its line of wireless routers. With Mountain Lion, Apple changed the name of the Wi-Fi control panel and menu item to Wi-Fi to lessen confusion. The application used to control an Airport router or a Time Capsule is still called "Airport Utility" since they are all Airport devices.

There are two dedicated routers with the name Airport: the larger Airport Extreme and the smaller Airport Express. Time Capsule is essentially a hard drive with an Airport Extreme built into it, and is intended to function as both an Airport device (creating a Wi-Fi network) and a wireless backup drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
sometimes i thought it was a router and other time i thought it Strong media. I'm afraid it's time capsule xD

Airport is Apple's branding for their wireless routers. The Time Capsule is an Airport with a hard drive inside for use with the Time Machine backup software, or really almost any use you have in mind.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
Oh thanks,guys. now it's clear,more cleaner than any other time :D
those airports were like bugs in my mind :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.