Mod your 'Pod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
suntoryjim, that theme is the Unlocker theme for Summerboard??

I have Summerboard on my iPhone and some of the themes are really fantastic.

photosb7.jpg

foo_0.jpg

attachment.php

Picture001.png

attachment.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 20" 2 GHZ 4MB, Macbook, Iphone, Ipod Touch
I would like to know as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
i wonder how long it will take before this thread is closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't think it will be closed.. Apple said you can mod your touch/ iphone, they just said that if it becomes a brick after an update not to go and try to get it fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I don't think it will be closed.. Apple said you can mod your touch/ iphone, they just said that if it becomes a brick after an update not to go and try to get it fixed.

odd, some of the other "jailbreak" threads have been closed..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Yeah, I installed Summerboard and am running the "Neurox Leopard" theme. Which is like the first picture I posted. Has similar icons.

Very easy to do. The package is in installer.app and takes a minute to download. Then you can download a load of themes from the installer and simply try them all and find one you like. Many people now change the themes regularly making the phones really customisable. Some of the guys have come up with some great designs, Apparently it's very easy to design your own themes.

Icarus is a nice theme.

n515988582_190720_1185.jpg

Or check this out

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also have Dock installed. You can see it in some of the pictures, the little sun burst in the bottom right corner. Press that and all your apps come swooping up. It's a really neat little program.

This is the way it should be, you should be able to customise a phone that costs hundreds of dollars. Especially when you see the potential with the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I started to make my own theme. I'm calling it drapoeL. I'm basically taking all the icons from Leopard and putting it into the iPod Touch. Now it's more like a sidekick than a separate gadget.

attachment.php

Ryan13, the answer is 'Doritos'. (I think, haha)

snap_082635.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Is it easy to do? I've been trying to figure it out, but not getting anywhere. A lot of things I find related talk about jailbreak and downgrading firmware, but I don't want to jailbreak and mine is brand new (apparently the newest models after a certain week cannot be changed as easily).

Any help on how you do this would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it easy to do? I've been trying to figure it out, but not getting anywhere. A lot of things I find related talk about jailbreak and downgrading firmware, but I don't want to jailbreak and mine is brand new (apparently the newest models after a certain week cannot be changed as easily).

Any help on how you do this would be greatly appreciated.

Just follow this guide slowly and methodically:
http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2

Ride and I jailbroked our ipods literally within minutes of unpacking them haha

Reaction score
Newb Question: Im planning on doing this to my ipod touch. Does jailbreak include all these apps? like NES and maps and mail or do I have to find websites for 3rd party apps? Does it void warranty? Can I restore back to normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Jailbreak allows you to install Installer.app... and install 3rd party apps on your own. Installer.app is a GUI to download/install many, many, many apps, themes, tweaks etc...
I would think that yes it would void the warranty... but you can easily restore back to normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just follow this guide slowly and methodically:
http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2

Ride and I jailbroked our ipods literally within minutes of unpacking them haha

Will I have an issue since mine is pretty new? I heard week 45 and later iPhone can't be jailbreaked. If I brick it or do something stupid, does the holding home and sleep button to restore get me back to square one and safe?

Also, the link keeps saying Touch. Will this work for the iPhone also? Will I be able to connect and make calls?

Thanks for the link!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think iPhone and IPT are different when jailbreaking. I have no experience with iPhone. But everything that is now available for IPT has been pioneered by the iphone hackers.

With the IPT, you can factory restore the entire device. It's not brickable, to my knowledge.

I received my ipt nov 13th. It was probably a week old then. I updated it to 1.1.2, then factory restored it to 1.1.1 in order to jailbreak it. then upgraded to 1.1.2. I don't know what week mine was manufactured in. If you tell me how to find out, I'll let yo know.

OP
suntoryjim
Reaction score
I think iPhone and IPT are different when jailbreaking. I have no experience with iPhone. But everything that is now available for IPT has been pioneered by the iphone hackers.

With the IPT, you can factory restore the entire device. It's not brickable, to my knowledge.

I received my ipt nov 13th. It was probably a week old then. I updated it to 1.1.2, then factory restored it to 1.1.1 in order to jailbreak it. then upgraded to 1.1.2. I don't know what week mine was manufactured in. If you tell me how to find out, I'll let yo know.

I bought mine that same week. I've bricked it twice: once installing iRadio (should have known, as it was tagged "experimental") and a second time while upgrading to 1.1.2 after oktoprep. I've managed to restore it both times without issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bought mine that same week. I've bricked it twice: once installing iRadio (should have known, as it was tagged "experimental") and a second time while upgrading to 1.1.2 after oktoprep. I've managed to restore it both times without issue.

Did you restore it using the regular method via iTunes or did it take more than that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.