Netflix viewing inflight how to??

Reaction score
On a flight last week, I sat by a guy who was watching Mad Men on his Ipad...the same season that I have on DVD at home from Netflix. Somehow he had downloaded from Netflix to his Ipad to allow viewing while in flight.

How is this done??
Thanks in advance
Celeste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Or, he ripped the DVD from Netflix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
OP
C
Reaction score
That's a possibility........
At the time, I did not own an Ipad and was on the fence about buying now or waiting. I asked and he, being a nice young man, told me "there is a service on the web called Netflix....." and I realized that he did not think I would understand techno-weenie stuff. We were getting ready for food service so I didn't get into the whole thing.....
In flight movie watching impressed me so I made my purchase and now am asking, other than ripping, is there a way to download (even for a fee) to the ipad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Most likely the flight had WiFi and he was using Netflix instant streaming. Netflix has an app for iPad, but it does require an internet connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Which is illegal and against our forum policy to discuss ;)

Only made a statement as to how someone could be watching something on their iPad. Very few flights yet offer wifi good enough for full video streaming. Some, but not all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.