Does my Intel iMac support 802n???...

Reaction score
I bought one of the first Intel iMac's last January when they first came out. It's a core duo, but I suppose that's different than the core 2 duo, although I don't understand the advantage one over the other - however, my reading up on Apple TV, etc seems to indicate that my iMac may not support the 802n wireless. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If it doesn't, can the card be replaced?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i guess they do but not sure. if not the new wireless n boxes will support g as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I bought one of the first Intel iMac's last January when they first came out. It's a core duo, but I suppose that's different than the core 2 duo, although I don't understand the advantage one over the other - however, my reading up on Apple TV, etc seems to indicate that my iMac may not support the 802n wireless. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If it doesn't, can the card be replaced?

Thanks.

Absoutely no point in changing the card to support 802.11n yet unless you do a lot of file transfers from one machine to another on a local network (non-internet).

It won't make any difference to your internet connection, and also your router or modem needs to be 802.11n compatible to run in n mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.