Need a fast track to my folders (please!)

Reaction score
I'm working in CS5 apps on Snow Leopard and wondering why it is that every time I want to (for example) place an image or simply save a doc I always have to navigate down from the top level 'Documents' folder all the way to the particular Folder in which I want to save the work!?!

Not huge problem in itself, but quite annoying and time waisting when you work on your mac 9+ hours a day!

Any suggestions please, have been working on macs fro a number of years, but hav'nt come across this one, yet..

Thanks!

Dan

Reaction score
Dan,
Lets say we are in Photoshop CS5, next to the the Save As all the way on top, there is a white box, to where you can type the file name as far as what you want to name that document, now NEXT to that, there is a little triangle, that points down. Click on that.

that will open up a more of a finder view, to where you can easily navigate to you folder.

also something that I sometimes do is, say if I am working on 3 different clients material, then what I would do, is from finder it self, grab there folder and put it in the navigation bar on the left under places, so they are just one click away. and then once I am done, I would take it off and put maybe another clients folder for even faster navigating...

let me know if that helps.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Pretty much what mp04 said but with a screenshot. Pay close attention to the arrows and the circle where it says desktop.

20100730-b8cdatg51sa43sdk98i3kch82d.jpg

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Dan,

also something that I sometimes do is, say if I am working on 3 different clients material, then what I would do, is from finder it self, grab there folder and put it in the navigation bar on the left under places, so they are just one click away. and then once I am done, I would take it off and put maybe another clients folder for even faster navigating...

let me know if that helps.

Enormous rep bump coming for that suggestion. I have done that for a few Smart Folders but never thought of doing what you suggested. This will be great for several folders I use all the time.

OP
D
Reaction score
It

Guys, thanks a lot for your suggestions and the Tip about placing the current client folder in the Nav bar is a great one!

One thing still bugging me (and I just checked it again) is why when I want to say place an image into illustrator and then go to place another etc. S.L is not remembering and going directly back to the folder I just grabbed the previous image from? I have to manually navigate down through the nav tree again and again and...

I'm sure I could do this before S.L so just wondering if this a bit of a bug with the new op?

Any clues?

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
So you're saying it needs a better memory...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.