I have many stuck pixels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
This is my last post for a while, sorry. But I just noticed that i have SEVERAL stuck, bright pixels when I look at a black screen. Will I get a replacement if I demand one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think that's goes without saying. Take it in post-haste. The nice thing about AT&T is the removable SIM card, just pop it out and pop it in your replacement and your ready to roll!

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Just thought I'd give an update. I went to the genius bar and they told me that I have 3 dead pixels and the rest of the specks were light bleeding through that would go away and change over time. The guy says it's an industry standard to have a couple dead pixels, and that even his personal iphone has 4 dead pixels. I also checked the phones on display and saw more dead pixels. I'm relieved that my phone isn't defective, but it's unfortunate that dead pixels are normal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
I dont have an iPhone but i was at the genius bar yesterday with my mac and there was a dude next to me with he same problem and they replaced his phone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have no stuck/dead pixels on my phone

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did they lie to me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I've heard from an apple employee(genius bar) that there is some program that flashes different colors that you can run for a while and eventually the pixels will become "unstuck." He said it worked for his macbook pro. Based on that it seems like the pixels aren't really "dead." Maybe we can see a solution to this soon.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did that for a few minutes and it didn't do anything. I can't tell a difference between my "light bleeding through" pixels and my "dead/stuck" pixels. Are they just giving me a load of crap and I actually DO have 20+ dead pixels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I did that for a few minutes and it didn't do anything. I can't tell a difference between my "light bleeding through" pixels and my "dead/stuck" pixels. Are they just giving me a load of crap and I actually DO have 20+ dead pixels?

Very convenient that you didn't go over the 3 max dead pixels I'd say. Pretty much sounds like BS to me. I'd go back and demand my money back.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really? The max is 3? They didn't even give me any information relating to a replacement. I bought it from an AT&T store, do you think I should go there and ask or go back to apple for a 2nd opinion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
Really? The max is 3? They didn't even give me any information relating to a replacement. I bought it from an AT&T store, do you think I should go there and ask or go back to apple for a 2nd opinion?

in my personal opinion, i would think you would be able to exchagne at the at&t store - since the sales rep a) probably doesn't know much about hardware - so you can nicely convince him/her to exchange b) demand for a refund that you paid so much for it c) a lot of them probably wont care much compared to apple's strict management (on exchanges)

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went back to AT&T today and they wouldn't exchange because they claim the warranty is through apple so there's nothing they can do. On top of that, I've checked out a total of 4 display phones in addition to mine now and I found dead pixels on all of them. I can't figure out if it's worth it to go BACK to the apple store again. I'm afraid the new one that will be a struggle to get will have dead pixels as well, since all of them I've seen have them. I have a question for the folks who have none. Are you sure? Try taking a picture with your finger covering the camera, then look at the all black photo in full screen. This is how I see mine. From my experience there seem to be dead pixels on every single iphone. I want to be positive that I actually might get a good one if I go through the exchange. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Dead pixels are a given on almost ALL cell phones. I'd say if there were no more than 3 or 4 dead pixels, it's not a big deal. They rarely cause any problems unless you enjoy staring at black screens.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dead pixels are a given on almost ALL cell phones. I'd say if there were no more than 3 or 4 dead pixels, it's not a big deal. They rarely cause any problems unless you enjoy staring at black screens.

Haha, that's exactly the thing. The only reason I'm concerned is because I keep hearing about tons of people who have none at all, and unless the apple store lied to me, and it didn't feel like it, there should be at least 1 or 2 on most phones. My usage of the phone isn't affected at all, but I paid $600+ for this, and if they are mostly perfect ones, I want one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Quality control, dude. Some phones will have a few dead pixels while some phones will not. It's luck of the draw in my opinion, and more importantly, a non-issue. And maybe there are some who don't have an eye for such things and won't notice a dead pixel or two in their phones. Gadgets that are built in mass quantities have tolerances, so I'd say a dead pixel here and there wouldn't be a horrible quality control issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
did the black test and no dead pixels

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.