wireless network

vxd

Reaction score
I have a MBP and I want to connect my MBP to my windows desktop network.

The wireless router is connected to the adsl modem and desktop. I am connected to the internet but I'm wondering how I can connect the MPB to the Windows network via the wireless router.

thanks

vxd

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a MBP and I want to connect my MBP to my windows desktop network.

The wireless router is connected to the adsl modem and desktop. I am connected to the internet but I'm wondering how I can connect the MPB to the Windows network via the wireless router.

thanks

vxd

You should have an icon in your menu bar (top right corner) that looks like a fan. Click on it and it should display wireless networks. Pick your wireless router's name from the list and you should be able to connect.

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Yeah I know that but it is only connected to the internet. I want to connect to the desktop as well.
thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
http://www.pcuser.com.au/pcuser/hs2.nsf/lookup+1/8715CA392C988E4ACA25731500072C68

Here is a link of the setup I have at home. My laptop is connected to the wireless router to connect to the internet.

Is there a way I can connect to the Windows desktop through the wireless router?

thanks

All of the devices either plugged into the wireless router or connected via wireless are in the same LAN. So, you just need to enable sharing on your Windows desktop (the procedure varies by version of Windows and what kind of security software you use). Then, simply click the Go menu in Finder and choose "Connect to Server...", click the Browse button and find your desktop's computer name. The rest should be self-explanatory.

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll go mess around and see if I can get it working.

OP
V

vxd

Reaction score
Well I got it working. didn't know it was that easy.
Thanks CWA107.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.