Music not playing (iOS 5 on iPhone 4)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just updated my ios (to ios 5) yesterday on my iphone 4. Everything's working fine except my music. A lot of my songs are on the iphone, but when i play a song nothing comes out, and it just skips to the next song. I have tried deleting the songs and syncing them again but that didn't work. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Update IOS 5 Music issues

I'm having the same exact problem with my Iphone 4. Podcasts and some music is working, others not at all. Please help.

Reaction score
I have the 4G Touch but I had the same problem and what I did was I removed all of my songs from my iPod and then put them back on again. It's a bit of a pain especially if you have over five hundred songs like me but it worked. I followed the steps in this link.

Every now and then, when a song ends(when I have it on repeat) the song will start somewhere in the middle instead of at the beginning but at least my playlists and songs are working properly again... for now.:)

Reaction score
Thanks.

I erased all of my music, reloaded it and it worked (pain in the ...)

Cheers!

Reaction score
Try not converting higher bit rate songs

I had the same problem and uncheck "convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" and that seems to have fixed my problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Over 20 Macs !!
I had the same problem and uncheck "convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" and that seems to have fixed my problem.

THANK YOU !!!!!! Just un-checking that one box (see above) fixed all my iPhone 4 playback problems. Some songs just wouldn't play and when in song list mode it would play the song below the one I selected. lol

Great forum !! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.