• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Delivery time?

Reaction score
Hi

I got a question. When you order a MacBook or an iPod Touch from the online Apple Store, is it sent from your local store (or a store in the USA) ?

I ask this because earlier this year, I bought some iPod Socks and an iPod USB charger (both Apple made) and they were sent from CHINA and first of all, the socks came like after a month and the charger got here after 6 months.

Amazing but true.

I wanted to know if this happens when ordering computers or ipods, because I'd like to receive my stuff soon and TOGETHER.

Let me know guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
That is very hard to believe. If it took a month to get there, you could have filed a complaint and gotten a refund, or they would have sent you a new one.

Apple's online products come from warehouses nearest your region. Some come from Cupertino, others from a warehouse in Texas. They have many warehouses, but those are the only two I know :D

OP
L
Reaction score
Well it happened to me. I am not American and I was working in Utah during the summer, I ordered the socks in February, got them after a month right before coming back home in March. The charger never came, and it arrived to my former job (I used that address to receive my stuff since my apartment complex didn't have a mailbox) around August. My boss sent it here to Peru when it arrived.

And it wasn't shipped from Cupertino or anywhere in the US, it was sent from China, and it came via DHL mail, not even UPS or FedEx. I couldn't get a refund because I had cancelled my debit card in March before coming back to my country so there was nowhere to have the refund. I actually had to buy the charger here for almost double the price when I got home... and I got the **** thing after so much time!

That's why I'm afraid 'cause this time when I go back to the USA, I wanna buy my MacBook and my Touch via the online store since the nearest Apple Store is kinda far away and I want a configured MacBook (4gb RAM, 320 gbs, etc) but I wanna get them soon and TOGETHER.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
When ordering from Apple Online Store all my purchases have came in a reasonable amount of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I ordered anew macbook yesterday it all ready shipped?

OP
L
Reaction score
See? it came from CHINA! It took a month for me (just for the socks), darn... I thought these stuff was being sent from the States!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Nope always china, if it hit Alaska today, I will have it Friday!

OP
L
Reaction score
Question: can you go to an Apple Store and specify the options for the computer and have it there? Or will they tell you to order it online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Question: can you go to an Apple Store and specify the options for the computer and have it there? Or will they tell you to order it online?

You can only buy the base configurations at the Apple Retail Stores. Any custom configurations must be done online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
You can only buy the base configurations at the Apple Retail Stores. Any custom configurations must be done online.

When purchasing my mums new ali imac we were offered upgrades in the store... ie. RAM and HDD! The genius also said it would be ready in less than half an hour too!

OP
L
Reaction score
Question:

When you order a MacBook or MBP or MBA via the ONLINE Apple Store, with the CUSTOM specs (like more RAM and stuff) does the computer still comes in the standard box with the MacBook pictures in the front and all? Like when you get it in an Apple Store?

I ask this because when I bought my custom HP notebook it came from the mail in an ugly plain cardboard box.

It may sound weird, but I like Apple boxes lol!! And I'd really like to have it around, in case I sell the notebook anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.