Macbook Pro off amazon.com?

Reaction score
I was wondering if I still get the free applecare 1-year service plan if I buy a new macbook pro off amazon.com?

It seems like you logically would be eligible, but I read a negative review on the product and the customer said that the apple store refused to service his macbook because they didn't buy it from apple, so they could only send it away instead. Now I'm kind of concerned because I'm not certain. I could buy it from apple with an education discount, but it comes out a good bit cheaper off amazon because it's $70 less and they don't charge sales tax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You might want to read this over 1 Year Limited Warranty.

From what I can see, the section at the end of page 2 (Obtaining Warranty Service) does not express any limitations based on which retailer you purchased the hardware from.
Although, your best bet would be to call Apple and ask them directly.

OP
P
Reaction score
You might want to read this over 1 Year Limited Warranty.

From what I can see, the section at the end of page 2 (Obtaining Warranty Service) does not express any limitations based on which retailer you purchased the hardware from.
Although, your best bet would be to call Apple and ask them directly.

Yeah I did end up calling them because I wanted a definitive answer. They confirmed that it doesn't matter why I buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.