Need Help with Album Artwork.....

Reaction score
I have some tracks with no Album name. Is there an easy way to identify the correct Album a track came from? I guess I could use the song length and go to Gracenote manually to ID it but would rather find a better way?
This process is made difficult for me by the fact that Artists release songs on more than one album. Since the Album title seems to be the 'Key' for getting the artwork in all of the widgets, Apple ITMS or whatever other means one uses to get album artwork, without the correct Album name, it seems you're out of luck for getting the correct Album Artwork. I could just throw any Album's Artwork that contains the song in there, but I'd like it to be the correct one since obviously it could be a different version of the song - "Live" versus "Studio", for instance. It could be from a Compilation or from the Original Album. Can anyone suggest an easy way? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I usually just surf Amazon and listen to the small snipets (If you know the artist that is)to identify the tracks
You can then just drag the artwork into the little box in the lower left hand side of iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I think manual is the only way to go for determing the correct album. Even then, there's no way of knowing for sure if you have the correct one since a song can exist on multiple albums (exact same version of song even, especially artists that have greatest hits compilations).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you know the artist, MPFreaker will try to find the album along with other ID3 tag info, including album artwork, and tag the song correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 8GB Nano
I did all mine on Gracenote. It is a bit tricky, and time consuming, especially if the song has appeared on a lot of compilation albums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I did all mine on Gracenote. It is a bit tricky, and time consuming, especially if the song has appeared on a lot of compilation albums.

That was one of the things I liked about MPFreaker. I simply loaded it up, pointed it to my library and let it do all the work for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.