• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

another noob question, about ichat

Reaction score
if i have two AIM screen names, can i sign in to both of them in ichat, like i can with adium? i guess i'm just paranoid about stability and would prefer to use mac apps rather than third party apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
1) Open iChat
2) Open Preferences from the main menu
3) Go to the Accounts tab and press the "+" button at the bottom right corner
4) Select the Account type (AIM in your case)
5) Fill the account details

That's about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" G5, 2gHz, 1gb RAM, 250gb HD; iPod Touch 8gb
1) Open iChat
2) Open Preferences from the main menu
3) Go to the Accounts tab and press the "+" button at the bottom right corner
4) Select the Account type (AIM in your case)
5) Fill the account details

That's about it.

But this only allows you to have your accounts stored. You can still only be logged in as one identity at a time. Adium lets you log in as as many identities as you want at once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.