Does such thing exist ?

Reaction score
Hey guys
I recently got my iPad 3 and I wanted to order a smart cover as well but I didn't,because I've read that it scratches on where the magnets join the device.
So,I was thinking about getting a back shell such as Belkin shield/ Incipio smart feather but I noticed that neither of those cover where the smart cover's magnets are placed.
So,does something like these shells exist ? that can somehow protect the device from getting scratched by the smart cover's magnets ?
Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm using a case and cover from STM on my iPad2. It will probably fit a new iPad, and no scratch problem.

EDIT: added link
Laptop Bags > STM Bags

Yes I've been hearing about STM Skinny and STM Grip but don't know which is better.(BTW,Only the Skinny version is available in the UK)
So,are you satisfied with it ? any cons ? Does the speaker cover have any effect on the sound quality ?
thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Have not noticed any effect on the speaker output. Like the case as it protects my iPad when (not if) I drop it. ;P

OP
M
Reaction score
Have not noticed any effect on the speaker output. Like the case as it protects my iPad when (not if) I drop it. ;P
Great!
Also,how much bulk does it add to the iPad ? The specs says it's 181g,so I assume it won't add much weight to the device,right ?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great!
Also,how much bulk does it add to the iPad ? The specs says it's 181g,so I assume it won't add much weight to the device,right ?

Only 181g ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hope it works well for you. I really like mine.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One last question.I was planning to order the black one but I heard that the cherry model has a better build quality! is that right ?

Don't know why that would be. And, if it is I have no way of knowing. Mine is brown FWIW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.