Tiger to Leopard to Snow

Reaction score
I bought a 2007 white macbook. I thought it had leopard. I was wrong. How in the world am I supposed to get to Snow when noone sells Leopard anymore? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bought a 2007 white macbook. I thought it had leopard. I was wrong. How in the world am I supposed to get to Snow when noone sells Leopard anymore? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

E-Bay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Amazon.com: Mac OS Leopard [hang on to your hair when you see the prices!] You might also try an Apple store, you may get a pleasant surprise ('tho I didn't see any for sale at the online store).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
upgrade

If you make sure you have Tiger 10.11, ensure it is .11, you can upgrade directly to Snow Leopard, and bypass Leopard
;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you make sure you have Tiger 10.11, ensure it is .11, you can upgrade directly to Snow Leopard, and bypass Leopard
;D

While that may be true, in the spirit of what Apple has stated - upgrading from other than Leopard, the full boxed copy should be purchased. The upgrade version of Snow Leopard is only for upgrading directly from Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Who knows, you might find the SL box set for about the same price as a retail disc of Leopard. I'm guessing that the SL products are more plentiful in the secondary market right now.

Reaction score
Tiger to Snow Leopard- Does it slow down the laptop?

Hi everyone

I have a Macbook (Black) with the following specifications:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version: 1.4f12
Serial Number: 4H63231RVMM
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

I have been wanting to use certain softwares like Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011 etc. but find that these will not work on a OSX Tiger 10.4.11 machine (which is what I have).

I wanted to update from Tiger to Snow Leopard. Just wanted to know whether that is possible firstly and secondly will the Snow Leopard slow down my Macbook substantially? Will my old compositions work on the new versions of Garageband?

I've also heard that Apple is going to have major upgrades in 2012? Is that correct and what kind of upgrades can one expect in 2012 if anyone has some idea?

Thanks
Sane

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have been wanting to use certain softwares like Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011 etc. but find that these will not work on a OSX Tiger 10.4.11 machine (which is what I have).

I wanted to update from Tiger to Snow Leopard. Just wanted to know whether that is possible firstly and secondly will the Snow Leopard slow down my Macbook substantially? Will my old compositions work on the new versions of Garageband?

Does it really matter? If you need a newer version of the Mac OS (newer than Tiger) to run Dragon Dictate for Mac 2.5, upgraded version of Mail, Garageband 2011, etc...you have to upgrade the OS.

Even if a newer version of the OS would slow your MacBook down (I don't think that it will)...you don't have much of a choice if you want to run the software you mentioned.

As far as the other questions. I'm not a Garageband expert...and nobody but Apple knows what's going to happen in 2012. I don't even know what I'm doing in 2012...so I certainly can't say what Apple's going to be doing!;)

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.