Printer Problem on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hy every one i have recently purchased a new Mac book pro with the following specifications

Processor: ci7 2.23 Ghz
Ram: 4 GB DDR3
Hard Disk: 620 Gb
Mac OS X version 10.6

the machine is working very fine but i am facing a problem regarding the printer installation. i have HP Laserjet P2055d printer. i am not able to install the printer. i have seen the website of vendor and they have no driver available for the device. as they written on their website the drivers of the device are available in the device. can any body help me how to install the printer onto the machine. waiting for the reply. :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
The printer driver is already included in OS X 10.6. See this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP

To add a printer queue to the printer list, go to Print & Fax prefs and click on "+" (add). Wait in default browser window until printer is found (up to 30 secs). OS X should find driver, may ask if it's OK to update.
Then finish up. Done. Print.

OP
A
Reaction score
The printer driver is already included in OS X 10.6. See this:
OS X Lion, Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software

To add a printer queue to the printer list, go to Print & Fax prefs and click on "+" (add). Wait in default browser window until printer is found (up to 30 secs). OS X should find driver, may ask if it's OK to update.
Then finish up. Done. Print.

well thanks for your kind reply i have done the process of adding the printer queue it adds the printer but when i gives the print job it shows that the printer is offline.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
For troubleshooting, try the printer on another computer and also try a different cable.

BTW - did you do Page setup before printing, to make sure the correct page size was available?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.