• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome everyone. Visit often & post frequently!:)

- Nick

Woz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (late 2015), 8GB, 1TB Fusion, AMD Radeon R9 M390 with 2GB, Magic Keyboard & Mouse
Welcome Woz and Joel K. You should find a lot of useful info and helpful folks here.

@Woz. Are you sure there's no relation? Oh well, guess that means no Apple swag for the moderation team.:\

I'm positive. Back in the day, I would get asked that question every time I visited a Radio Shack. I'm showing my age, aren't I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm positive. Back in the day, I would get asked that question every time I visited a Radio Shack. I'm showing my age, aren't I?

Hi Woz - welcome to the forum! :) I used to love visiting Radio Shack for many reasons, but their decline is sad (one of many graphs that could be found shown below) - but please participate in the forum - plenty of great people here and feel free to post - there are no stupid questions, just those that are not asked - Dave
Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 9.15.19 PM.png

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a retired IT consultant doing some web sites to keep my mind in computers. I enjoy photography birds and travel. I've been a long time use of Macs and iPhoto. I'm hoping to learn a lot about both in this forum. I hope I'm in the right thread to introduce myself.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Richinwalla.:)

Yes…this is the right place.:):)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Jill from the UK.

Hubby just got me a second-hand iMac 27-inch. I've been using a PC for a few decades now, but am quickly coming to grips with the differences! I've always been into graphics and the difference between PC and Mac is, well, WOW! Sadly, I only just found out that CorelDraw don't do a Mac version :( I really don't want to put Windows on my Mac so will simply use our PC laptop for that and a couple of other programs that don't do Mac.

Thanks for this forum - it's great!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Jill

A warm welcome to the Forums.

Whilst I'm not into Corel Draw, the following links provide what others consider possible Mac alternatives:

http://alternativeto.net/software/corel-draw/?platform=mac
https://blog.udemy.com/illustrator-alternative/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4244674?tstart=0
http://formac.informer.com/coreldraw-graphics-suite

Obviously, there is some overlap between the sites, but there might be something there that is worth a look.

I'm also from the UK. Enjoy your Mac.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro (March 2015) base model
hello

Hey everyone, I am Jared from the US (eastern NC).

I am a software engineering graduate student, father of 2 (soon to be 3) and I am finishing up my enlistment in the Air Force. I was a die-hard Windows and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint) PC user for my 25 years on this planet and last summer my wife really wanted the new MacBook so I got her one as an anniversary present. Well I used it a few times and couldn't help really liking it so I finally bit the bullet and bought a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. So far I love it and I don't think I will be going to Windows anytime soon, especially after the frankensystem that was Win8.

Regards,

Jared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hey everyone, I am Jared from the US (eastern NC).

I am a software engineering graduate student, father of 2 (soon to be 3) and I am finishing up my enlistment in the Air Force. I was a die-hard Windows and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint) PC user for my 25 years on this planet and last summer my wife really wanted the new MacBook so I got her one as an anniversary present. Well I used it a few times and couldn't help really liking it so I finally bit the bullet and bought a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. So far I love it and I don't think I will be going to Windows anytime soon, especially after the frankensystem that was Win8.

Hi Jared - welcome to the forum! :) I'm in Piedmont, NC (Winston Salem), now retired from an academic position at the Wake Forest Medical School - started out on an Apple II+ in 1980, then our department switched to PCs which I was on for over 3 decades - now in retirement, wife & I are now an ALL-Apple family (iPads, iPhone, iMac, & MBPro, the latter for me + an Apple Extreme Router) - hope that you enjoy - Dave

Reaction score
Intro Post

Hi All,

I just moved to Denver from Los Angeles and am now working remotely for the first time using my mid-2014 Macbook Pro. I've owned iPhones/iPads since '09 or so, but I'd been using PCs since the 386 and was resistant to migrating over to Mac. I'm so glad I finally made the change. The last year has been fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome milehigh. Your story/background sounds very similar to many of our members.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hey all!
First time mac user here. Finally bit the bullet and got myself a Macbook! Hows it all going?
Your friendly neighbourhood calju.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Welcome caiju!

Hope you are enjoying your new Macbook and welcome to the forum!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Air 2 64GB, 8GB iPod, 2GB iPod
Another Newbie

Hello to all, my name is Kenny a transplant from Buffalo, NY now living in Florida. Have been wanting to come to the dark side for a while and finally made the plunge with a air 2 for wife but she's having me learn everything to teach her. Have been on computers from the DOS days in the 70's. I guess really money is what has kept me in Win all these years.

Kenny

C

chas_m

What part of Florida, Kenny? I lived all over that state for many years before emigrating to Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chas_m, I'm on the gulf side around Crystal River. It's about 80 miles north of Tampa. My wife has family in Ontario which we've spent a lot of time there when we lived up north. She also has family on Vancouver Island too.

Kenny

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Nick, was all in jest!

Kenny

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Nick, was all in jest!

You should use a "smiley" when jesting.:)

By the way. At one time I used to live in Westfield, NY (just down Route 90 a bit from Buffalo).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.