Siri missing info?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I understand that Siri is a beta still undergoing changes, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue (info: iphone 5, ios6, location: toronto)

The other day I asked about a movie - it came up with multiple showtimes. I asked what theatres, it came up with multiple theatres and their relative showtimes. Great.

The next day I asked the same thing - response: there are no showtimes. Hmm.. I ask about theatres, one theatre comes up in all of Toronto - a documentary festival theatre. I figured maybe it was busy, working out kinks, etc.

I wait a day, same thing. Same replies. It worked once, so I have to wonder why the info is now missing... any suggestions?

D

C

chas_m

Is it possible that the movie you are asking about is no longer playing in Toronto?

OP
M
Reaction score
Is it possible that the movie you are asking about is no longer playing in Toronto?

Hey Chas,

no... that's not the case. The exact situation was this:

(Ask Siri) : I want to see Looper
(Siri): Looper is playing at theatres near you (shows the poster, along with multiple showtimes below)
Ask: What theatre near me is showing Looper?
Siri: Looper is playing at these theatres near you (shows listing of theatres with times)

next day, I ask the same thing (cuz I didn't get to see it that day)
Siri: There are no theatres near you showing Looper. Here is Looper. (provides a link showing the movie poster and no times)
Ask: What theatres are near me?
Siri: This is the theatre in Toronto near you (shows the Hot Docs Festival Theatre)
Ask: Where is Looper playing?
Siri: I cannot find any showtimes for Looper today.
Ask: Find cinemas near me
Siri: This is a theatre near you (shows the Hot Docs Festival Theatre again - no other theatres)
Ask: What movies are playing in Toronto?
Siri: These movies are playing near you today in Toronto (shows the three movies showing at the Hot Docs Festival Theatre - no other theatre)

so, as you can see, Siri seemed to know what theatres were playing the movie the first time I asked, but anytime after that (and for 3 days now) it seems to think there is only 1 theatre in Toronto - which is obviously not the case. Very frustrating.

Reaction score
Guessing it's on Apple's end

I'm in Toronto and having the same problems, so I think it's something on their end. It used to work great, even the in the beta, but the Toronto theatre listings seem to have gone missing over the past few days.

Yup... just did another test... - the only theatre near me is the hot docs one (according to Siri)

Perhaps a call to applecare is in order. LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.