Machine turns off every 29 minutes

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
But it does POWER OFF at 29 minutes? Actually like disconnecting the power from the machine?

TWM

Reaction score
My intention was not to say it was a "Windows Thing"...just that there may be reasons the OP is writing zeros to the hard drive which may have good rational due to their previous 10+ years of Windows computer experience.

What I'm saying is...writing zeros to a Macintosh hard drive before installing the OS is just not necessary...that's what my 23 years as a Macintosh user has taught me!;)

As far as the "zeros" you're writing to the hard drive when you sell a computer...of course I agree with this practice! You're writing zeros to your hard drive for a totally different reason than what the OP is talking about!

You're writing zeros to the computer's hard drive you're selling totally for security reasons (secure erase). The OP is writing zeros to a hard drive BEFORE installing the OS on a new computer...which I'm saying is not necessary.

- Nick

I got ya! Sorry for the misunderstanding! :Oops:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.