I can't delete cookies

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to be more specific, but, I used to delete cookies on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro by going into Safari>Preferences>Security and then finding something that said >show cookies> delete cookies. Now I can't find anything under Security that gives me that option. it now says
Fraudulent Sites and Web Content. What has happened? is this something I could have done?

Thanks so much for any info you can share.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm not sure how to be more specific, but, I used to delete cookies on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro by going into Safari>Preferences>Security and then finding something that said >show cookies> delete cookies. Now I can't find anything under Security that gives me that option. it now says
Fraudulent Sites and Web Content. What has happened? is this something I could have done?

Thanks so much for any info you can share.

I generally use Firefox instead of Safari, but I think you have two options to delete cookies. The first is from the Clear History menu and the second is from Tools (though I may be remembering incorrectly).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Look under the Privacy tab, right next to the Security one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.