Keyboard layout for International English?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on the verge of buying a MacBook pro, after having been a Unix/Linux user for ages. I live in the Netherlands, but the Dutch keyboard supplied with the Macbook Pro seems rather horrible to me: the enter key is way too small, the left shift key is almost gone, and the ~ is in the wrong place. The online Dutch Apple store does give the option of buying one's Macbook with the 'International English' keyboard, but nobody at any Apple store I visited or at the presales support line from Apple can tell me just what that keyboard is like. So, if anyone has that keyboard - could you please tell me what the enter key and shift keys are like, where they've put the ~ etc.? A picture would be even more appreciated.

Regards, Paul Boven.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi pulse-8,

Thanks for the quick reply and the picture, but that's not a MacBook Pro, so it doesn't tell me much about what the MacBook Pro International English keyboard would look like.

Regards, Paul Boven.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.