no sound in windows 7....

Reaction score
Hello guys...I'm running a version of windows 7 on my imac to check it out...i had vista on it previously, and it had sound (with the bootcamp drivers of course). I installed windows 7 on my macbook pro, and the sound worked fine on my laptop. However, I installed windows 7 and all the bootcamp drivers on my imac, and no sound....any ideas as to why this might be? I tried a fresh install....fresh format...everything. I'm clueless as to why it would work on my macbook but not my imac. Thanks for your brainstorming!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Common problem. Some folks have resolved it by downloading and installing the latest Realtek drivers. Try here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Im having this same problem on my 17" imac. I tried the realtek audio drivers but no sound comes out of the speakers. Funny thing is that if i use a set of ear buds i can hear it just fine. Any ideas on how i can get sound to come out of my speakers? Im running windows 7 32 bit. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Just gotta hold out till windows 7 hits stores, by that time most developers would have already launched win 7 drivers, or wait for apple to announce full support for it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Im having this same problem on my 17" imac. I tried the realtek audio drivers but no sound comes out of the speakers. Funny thing is that if i use a set of ear buds i can hear it just fine. Any ideas on how i can get sound to come out of my speakers? Im running windows 7 32 bit. Thanks

If you're getting sound out of your earbuds, the drivers are working OK in Win 7. Make sure you go into control panel and check all the sound settings especially muting.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
the realtek drivers solved my problem for sound....now im having an issue trying to run a video games...

Reaction score
STILL having problems with audio

I downloaded the realtek Audio Drivers and i still cant hear anything with headphones or without any solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As this was started in 2009nI would imagine either they have solved it ormoved on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.