My Macbook Airport is gone ....

Reaction score
Hi *,

I hope someone of you might help me :(

I Bought my Macbook about 4 months ago and I used my Wireless Router with no problem at all.

Last week, when I turned on my Macbook, Airport was gone, even from the Network Preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore...

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Tks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi *,

I hope someone of you might help me :(

I Bought my Macbook about 4 months ago and I used my Wireless Router with no problem at all.

Last week, when I turned on my Macbook, Airport was gone, even from the Network Preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore...

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Tks

Are you sure that your wireless router isn't the problem?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, there problem seems to be related only to airport. The Airport Icon disappeared and even from the network preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, there problem seems to be related only to airport. The Airport Icon disappeared and even from the network preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore :(

Is the airport icon gone...or just greyed out instead of black?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
The airport icon is completely gone .... Could it be because the airport driver is not been loaded for some reason?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The airport icon is completely gone .... Could it be because the airport driver is not been loaded for some reason?

If you go to "System Preferences"...and then click on "Network"...does Airport appear in the left-side of this "Network" window?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
No it doesn't, only ethernet and Bluetooth. Even when I try to add (+), airport is not there anymore :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No it doesn't, only ethernet and Bluetooth. Even when I try to add (+), airport is not there anymore :(

This may be a silly question...but did you try restarting your computer?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many, Many, Manyyyyy....times :(

What version of the Mac OS are you currently running?

Also, what model MacBook do you have?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a 13 inch Macbook with MAC OS Leopard 10.5.8

The reason why I asked was...here's an "Update" for MacBook & MacBook Pro users who are using OS 10.5.8 and having Airport issues:

Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - AirPort Client Update for MacBook and MacBook Pro

I don't know if this will work for you, but you can read the document, and see if you want to give it a try.

Good luck. If you decide to apply the update...please post back if it helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Use the SystemProfiler to see if the OS even recognizes the hardware anymore:

You can get there via the About This Mac->More Info route which can be reached from teh Apple Menu at the top left of your screen. Or you can simply open the SystemProfiler from the /Application/Utilities folder

When you open this, you will see a list of hardware/software items on the left. At the very top of the list you should see 'Airport'.

If you do not see this then you have a hardware issue and you will need to go through Apple support to get it resolved.

OP
S
Reaction score
You were right, when I go to System Profiler the airport card is not anymore recognized. So my only option is to go to through Apple Support? :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.