Updating my iphone killed it

Reaction score
When i connected my iphone to my imac this evening, it came up with a new software update. So while it started updating, i went away from my comp for a while. When i came back, the phone had shut down which i thought was strange.

When i turned it back on it came up with the screen that shows it connecting to itunes (the screen you get when you first buy the phone), then itunes popped up on the imac screen with a message saying "itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes."

So i clicked ok on that box and then click on restore, it starts as if to restore but then comes up with an error (number 21) saying it cannot be restored.
I then looked up on the apple website and it says to make sure that itunes is up to date. I try to update the latest version (9.0.2), but that comes up with an error too! It reads:

The update “iTunes” can’t be installed.
The digital signature for this package is incorrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by “Apple”.

I did try to update itunes and this error came up before i connected my phone, as well as trying to update itunes after my phone broke.

I am really grateful for any advice/suggestions!
I really have no idea what to do! I bl**dy hate being without a phone, as i'm sure most of you do too!

OP
S
Reaction score
If i delete itunes, wouldn't i lose all my music/apps/contacts etc that are on my current itunes? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
If i delete itunes, wouldn't i lose all my music/apps/contacts etc that are on my current itunes? :(

I don't think so,Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm this.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, so i have managed to copy all my stuff from itunes so hopefully i shouldn't lose anything! Just gotta figure out how to delete itunes and re install it now! :) Thanks a lot for your help mate, hopefully it should work!! :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, i have deleted itunes, downloaded version 9.0.2, but it wont open! Just comes up with a box saying "warning. The following disk images failed to mount."

Image - itunes9.0.2.dmg
Reason - Invalid checksum

:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.