Screen size

Reaction score
Im getting a Mac book pro. Im going for the 15.4" version, 2.3 CD2 , 2GB ram 256 x1600 etc etc. But I keep worrying if the screen size will be big enough. At the moment im a PC user and im selling my pc which has a 19" screen to get a MBP for College use and basically because I can move it about.
The screen size bothered me though, Sometimes I think it's fine then others im not so sure. Im of the thinking that I sit further away from my 19" display and I will sit closer to it so it will appear bigger? I know a little smaller but im hoping it won't seem that much of a difference.
I haven't really got the money to buy the 17" model because im stretching my self already. Just some feedback etc because I will be using this as my main comuter.

Edit : I also have a A4 Introus3 Wacom, Stupid question I know but that will work fine on it yes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What resolution do you normally work on? That is more important than the physical screen size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I'm very satisfied with my decision to get the 15" MBP. When I first saw it, I thought it was the 17" to be honest. Because it's widescreen, it just seems like it has more screen real estate.

I also use it at 1440 x 900 (which is its highest resolution in system prefs.).

There's also something to be said about the 15's portability factor over the 17. It's not that the 17 is much heavier--but to me it felt like I was carrying around a cafeteria tray. When it was closed up, the 17" just felt so big.

Either way, I think you'll be happy.

--C.

N

newmac

I have also just come from a 19" windows desktop, to my new 15" macbook pro (I still use my desktop). I can say that it is definitly enough realestate at 1440x900 (the default/highest setting), and really does not in any way feel cramped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
I go hard I use a 30" LCD for my Macbook Pro right now until I get my Mac Pro. It has a real estate value like no other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Does your monitor have DVI input? If so, keep the monitor and use it with your MBP. Problem solved.

I just switched from Windows also and I'm using mine with my 19" Samsung LCD monitor; thought I have to switch to standard screen size from widescreen, but takes about 2 seconds. I'm saving up for a Dell 30" widescreen, which is just as good as the Apple Cinema display, but $800 cheaper!!

OP
G
Reaction score
Does your monitor have DVI input? If so, keep the monitor and use it with your MBP. Problem solved.

I just switched from Windows also and I'm using mine with my 19" Samsung LCD monitor; thought I have to switch to standard screen size from widescreen, but takes about 2 seconds. I'm saving up for a Dell 30" widescreen, which is just as good as the Apple Cinema display, but $800 cheaper!!

Sorry I haven't replyed. Thanks for the advice and the point about getting another moniter seems to be the right option. I was contemplating not getting the MBP and going for a 24" iMac but thats doing exactly the opposite of what im wanting to do in getting the Macbook.

Look slike im going to go for the macbook pro 15.4" and go for the display later on as im selling the pc with the display so I will have to buy another but it should take that long to get one.

On another note like I said above has anybody used a Wacom tablet ( mine is a A4 ) on a macbook or any notebook because its pretty key that it works on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm kind of in the same situation where I don't have a lot of money and plan to sell my old desktop. I'm just oging to hang on to my old monitor and connect it to my MBP at home instead of going out for a new one. At this point, I won't get much for it anyway as it's not widescreen and a few years old, but this way I can save some money up for a few months while using it and sell it later for probably about as much as I would get for it today.

But, you never know, you might find something cheap on Ebay. I'd wait until after the holidays.

OP
G
Reaction score
But, you never know, you might find something cheap on Ebay. I'd wait until after the holidays.

This is my problem because i "need" a computer for doing design work etc otherwise everything stops dead and people don't like to be kept waiting and they already are a little bit but they understand because im moving house. So I can't really wait until after christmas but then im not sure if apple will drop the price of their stuff after it any how because they don't come across a company who has sales every week!

I can't keep hold of the PC because im selling it when we get settled in the new house to my room mate who is then selling his to his friend. I could stall it but then the mon£y I would get for it will drop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.