gaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2GHz , 2gb RAM, 160gb HD. iPod 5g 30gb
is there any way to play a game without running bootcamp or things like that and also with it being mac version

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
is there any way to play a game without running bootcamp or things like that and also with it being mac version

Sure. Many games are made specifically for Mac OS. The reason so many people game on Windows is that there is a much larger selection of games that are never "ported" over to Mac. But most Mac-centric retailers will usually have a decent number of games.

OP
Immune Heart
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2GHz , 2gb RAM, 160gb HD. iPod 5g 30gb
ok but are there any simple programs that run so theat you dont have to run an entire new os---so u can play ones that are not mac formatted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
There is a program called Crossover that does what I think you're talking about. It does cost money, so you might not like that idea so much, (someone correct me if I am wrong) but I believe it is the only program of that type for Mac OSX.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is a program called Crossover that does what I think you're talking about. It does cost money, so you might not like that idea so much, (someone correct me if I am wrong) but I believe it is the only program of that type for Mac OSX.

Yes, Crossover is based on WINE, which is open source. There is a Mac version of the non-commercial product called DarWINE that is free.

Either way, Crossover and DarWINE are both hacks that are very hit or miss. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If you need to play games, your best bet is to just install Windows via Boot Camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium PowerBook G4 first gen
Either that, or make your own games :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.