Genuine windows key purchase?

Reaction score
I was on microsoft.com and it said that for those who have downloaded or recieved pirate copies of microsoft windows xp or have installed from a cd already used, can purchase a cd activation key to help them activate windows for £63...

is this a good idea to purchase rather than going and buying the whole OS?

Quote:
Windows Genuine Advantage Kit
(for Windows XP Home)

If you are unable to activate Windows you may purchase a genuine product key online and convert your system to genuine Windows without re-installing. You’ll also get a copy of your new product key via e-mail from [email protected] and a new Windows XP CD for future use (allow 2-4 weeks for shipping).
Microsoft.com

Any help would be great! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
It is definitely a good idea to get a legit key

Reaction score
On the other hand, you're admitting to the world that your copy isn't legit — and giving MS your name and address.

OP
R
Reaction score
On the other hand, you're admitting to the world that your copy isn't legit — and giving MS your name and address.
I was using a copy that I thought was new as was out of a packet unopened although it turned out it was a re-install copy for a pc that it already had worked on...therefore I am working to find the key to make this copy legit,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
technically if you own the pc that it was previously installed on it should be legit...as long as that pc no longer has the copy of XP installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.