Former Windows user needs help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16 GHz
Hi All,

I just purchased my first Mac, any thread suggestions for beginners? I was looking for a Mac for Dummies type thread that would offer help to a long time Windows user.

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi All,

I just purchased my first Mac, any thread suggestions for beginners? I was looking for a Mac for Dummies type thread that would offer help to a long time Windows user.

Thanks!

Welcome to M-F.com. Congrats on your switch!

Check out the stickies in the Switcher subforum. We have a lot of switchers here and many questions have been asked, so be sure to take advantage of the Search feature.

For good reading material, I highly recommend Mac OS X: The Missing Manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I second cwa107's suggestion of The Missing Manual. I bought it a while ago and it's been a great help. It's chock full of useful tips and instructions. The author is correct, this manual really should have come bundled with your Mac :)

Reaction score
Thirded. :)

It was one of the first things I bought for my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
Another great book for the new Mac user is "Switching to the Mac." It is part of the missing manual series. It shows you how to do the same things you did on the PC on your new machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.