Leopord

Reaction score
I assume this is okay to post here, however here is my question with all the info about not sure what to believe etc.

Really appart from having the latest software what would be the main advantages upgrading to the latest OS when it is released.

As far as I can see there are only a few things getting added to the system from the apple website, or am I missing the point as my sstem works fine as it is as a new Mac user I may be as I said missing something.

FOr example when I was a windows user it took me 3 years to upgrade to XP from Win 2k as all I could see different was eye candy as is Vista, is this going to be the same with apple or is there going to make a huge difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Apple always put innovative ideas within there OS
for example Time Machine, this will be one of the best backup programs available.
There will be new security features and other things
http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/leopard/

It will also support 64bit processors too.

However i wouldnt rush into buying it if you dont want to be the first person to try it out, as with any OS there are always flaws on its release.

Hope this answers your question :)

Reaction score
If I was to get a MBP now would it be easy to upgrade to Leopard later on?

What is the upgrade process for Macs easier than Windows?

Reaction score
I'm getting it...but not immediately. Let them release a few updates first!

Always gotta have the newest stuff 'ya know.
Wiggle.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I was to get a MBP now would it be easy to upgrade to Leopard later on?

What is the upgrade process for Macs easier than Windows?

Put the disc in and follow the onscreen instructions
Your mbp will be compatible, heck i even installed tiger onto a g4 with 192mb ram and it works :black: it was designed for os9 as well :D

And make sure you do the correct installation, some users prefer to do a clean install whereas some are happy with upgrade. I personally fall into the former catagory, just make sure to back all your stuff up just incase however no data generally goes missing.

I hope this answers your question :)

Reaction score
Put the disc in and follow the onscreen instructions
Your mbp will be compatible, heck i even installed tiger onto a g4 with 192mb ram and it works :black: it was designed for os9 as well :D

And make sure you do the correct installation, some users prefer to do a clean install whereas some are happy with upgrade. I personally fall into the former catagory, just make sure to back all your stuff up just incase however no data generally goes missing.

I hope this answers your question :)

Sounds easy enough. If I do the upgrade will that mess up Parallels?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I've just ordered a MBP 15inch which will undoubtedly come with Tiger but the day that Leopard is released from it's cage I will order a family pack and install it on all my Mac's the day it arrives.

I did this with Tiger and never regretted it and will do the same this time.

Today I installed a 120Gb 5400 HD in my daughters iBook, she is real happy with it now, and the other day I changed the HD in my MacBook to a 100Gb 7200 one.

Whoever said Macs where not upgradeable (was it the Bill fella?) is talking complete natural fertilizer.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds easy enough. If I do the upgrade will that mess up Parallels?

It shouldnt do as you are installing it on a different partition
however i have had no experiance dual booting macs so i dont know

Just looking at the thread title, you appear to have mispelled leopard

Reaction score
Apple's OS iterations are cheaper, and usually don't *claim* to bring a gazillion new features, though very often, they do bring a considerable amount of features that are actually useful compared to the hundreds of useless ones in every Windows version.
10.4 to 10.5 isn't a supposed to be a leapfrog, as the numbering would suggest.

Don't compare MS strategy with Apple's here. MS always looks for something new and groundbreaking (3.1 -> Win95 -> Win98 -> Win XP/2000 -> Vista), while Apple brings out many little releases bringing two-three major enhancements instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. They do try and reinvent the phone once in a while har har.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.