Photoshop & Lighroom serial numbers Win to Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
Monty

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
Monty

This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).;)

- Nick

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
Oh no. I don't plan on using it on two computer. I plan to stop using my Windows computer. Or at the very least, uninstall the software on my old computer.

I'll download trial versions from Adobe.com on my Mac. Once installed I would like to use my existing serial numbers.

I hope this works and is legal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Call Adobe. They can do a one time transfer of your license to the Mac version often times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).;)

- Nick

I just did a cross platform so here's what I found.

Lightroom (at least 3, which is what I have) is cross platform. Just download the correct mac Lightroom installer and use the current serial you have...all legal.

Now if you have PSCS 5 that too is cross platform...PROVIDING you purchase a MAC upgrade for CSPS5. For 200 bucks you get Photoshop for your Mac. You will get a new serial...for the Mac. You will also need to input your Windows CSPS5 serial at install to prove you have ownership . Pretty simply.

BTW I got my PS Mac upgrade at Adobe and they had 10% off. Don't know if that still applies.

Good luck.

BTW Photoshop is two installs per serial and I have found no limit on Lightroom installs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.