Stuck mini-CD.

Reaction score
This afternoon, I bought a Sandisk MP3 player. I put the mini-CD that came with it into the disc slot, and it got stuck in there. How do I eject it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hrrm, thats not going to be easy since the DVD drive doesn't have the ejecting mechanism to eject mini-cds.

Shutdown the Mac!
*Carefully* tip the Mac so that the DVD drive is facing downward, and firmly but carefully shake it till you can grab the cd and pull it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Hrrm, thats not going to be easy since the DVD drive doesn't have the ejecting mechanism to eject mini-cds.

Shutdown the Mac!
*Carefully* tip the Mac so that the DVD drive is facing downward, and firmly but carefully shake it till you can grab the cd and pull it out.

Also, when it is your computer is booting, after the first chime, press and hold the left mouse button. Gravity and force boot will most likely get it out.

Good luck!

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
And don't ever put a mini cd in the drive again.....

OP
S
Reaction score
Also, when it is your computer is booting, after the first chime, press and hold the left mouse button. Gravity and force boot will most likely get it out.

Good luck!

- Kyle

This idea (computer is booting...) is the one I used and it worked. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.