15" pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
Just this laptop and have a question, my camera uses a different size memory card than is accepted in the pro. Is there such a thing as a convert that I can plug into the Mac and be able to use the other size card?

Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3 inch mid 09 4gb RAM 500GB HD, iPhone 8GB, 30GB ipod video, Airport Extreme
you can plug in your camera directly using usb, or you can get usb card reader and use that

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Probably something like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Probably something like this.

Cute little multi card reader there. I don't see any mention of whether or not it takes CF cards though, and suspect that's what the OP might be using, since most cameras take either SD or CF. oh, unless it's a Sony P&S I guess, which might take proprietary 'Memory Stick Duo or Pro™ " cards.

Question for the OP: What kind of camera do you own, and how fast do you need to upload your photos generally speaking ? A firewire 800 (UDMA) card reader will get those images off your camera MUCH faster than via USB 2.

See this : Amazon.com: Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader: Electronics

and check out the review on said product: Accessories - SanDisk Extreme IV compact flash and Firewire 800 card reader review - Digital Photography Now

Right now I have an SanDisk 12-in one Multi card reader which cost me about $20 more than a year ago, has never failed me and is available everywhere. It accepts every card under the sun. I'll be getting that Firewire card reader very soon though.

Doug

Just for information's sake, the Firewire Card reader only works with 6 and 9 pin Firewire ports. I checked both of my MacBook Pro's (one from 2008 and one this year) and they both have 9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.