More than one Slow downer app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
64GB WiFi iPad
I'm looking for an app to slow down music on the iPad. This would be for the purpose of learning a song. I'd like to be able to do this with any of the songs in the music library on my iPad and not have to have a second copy of the song on my device. This is not essential, but would be preferred.

I have used the Amazing Slow Downer by Roni Music but am not very thrilled with it. At least not on my iPad. It looks like it might be nice on my PC, but on the iPad it is less than impressive.

Are there other apps that do the same thing?

Thanks!

Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pro 2.66 Quad, 4G RAM, RadeonX1900, 10.6.4; 17" MB Pro, 2.66 i7, 8Gb RAM, 10.6.3; 3GS 32G & 16G iOS4
Sorry you don't like Amazing Slow Downer. I'm a working guitarist and guitar teacher, and as such use this app A LOT. For my money it's easily the best one going. Very smooth speed and pitch alterations. It's even better than my old Tascam hardware units. I personally use it on my 3GS, but I assume it's pretty much the same. I've used a number of others, but ASD trumps them all IME. The first thing I do when I start playing with a new act is drop the entire setlist onto ASD. I also have it on my Mac Pro and have all the songs my students want to learn loaded.

Wish I knew of a better option for you, but it really is the best. FWIW, pretty much every musician I have shown ASD has immediately bought it. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I know you can slow down music on Quicktime Player and in Garageband.

Garageband:

1. Drag your audio file (MP3, M4A, ...) in GarageBand. It's shown as an orange track.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+G
3. Click the audio track. It is now blue.
4. Check "Follow Tempo & Pitch" (this is in the wave editor section, which you get by clicking the scissors symbol next to the eye)
5. Now change the tempo (next to the song time display)

GarageBand: how to slow down a song [Archive] - The macosxhints Forums

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
64GB WiFi iPad
OK, I discovered that I was mistaken. I was not using the Amazing Slow Downer. I was evidently using something else that looked very similar. I looked again in the app store and downloaded the free version of ASD. I liked it enough to purchase it.

Thanks!

Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pro 2.66 Quad, 4G RAM, RadeonX1900, 10.6.4; 17" MB Pro, 2.66 i7, 8Gb RAM, 10.6.3; 3GS 32G & 16G iOS4
OK, I discovered that I was mistaken. I was not using the Amazing Slow Downer. I was evidently using something else that looked very similar. I looked again in the app store and downloaded the free version of ASD. I liked it enough to purchase it.

Thanks!

Bruce

I thought something was going on. ASD is a no brainer purchase if you do any transcribing. It's **** near unbeatable, even taking into account stand alone units. It's even worth having the duplicate songs, especially since Apple won't allow 3rd party apps to access your iTunes library.

Happy Transcribing!!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.